IMPORTANT CHANGES IN RESPONSE TO COVID-19 Novel Coronavirus
New Lockdown Procedures
In order to keep you well, and to avoid unnecessary contact with people who may be unwell, all appointments will be triaged by phone.
By phone we will schedule an appointment at the practice, telephone consult or video conference based on your needs and risks.
UNLESS AN EMERGENCY PLEASE DO NOT PRESENT TO THE SURGERY AND PHONE 03 3896655
You may still book online. When doing so please state the reason for your consultation. You will receive a triage phone call prior to your appointment.
Please go to top right of this page to request repeat scripts as usual and you must list the pharmacy to be faxed to. There will be no reception collection of scripts.
Usual consult fees apply for ALL consultation types.
COVID – 19 Symptoms
Anyone with the COVID-19 symptoms please call 0800 358 5453 to speak to a health professional who can advise you specifically on Coronavirus.
VIDEO CONSULTS NOW AVAILABLE
- We encourage you to get virtual. This provide the best service remotely that we can offer. We will be using a secure web telehealth site called Doxy.me.
- Video consults are appropriate for the following consultation types:
- Repeat Winz certificates
- Repeat ACC certificates
- Routine medication and chronic disease reviews eg diabetes, asthma, heart disease, arthritis, smoking cessation, stroke assessment
- Sexually transmitted diseases
- Birth control.
If triaged to video conference please follow these instructions:
- Open the chrome, firefox, safari (Mac OS only). Internet explorer is not supported. Make sure you are running an up-to date version of one of these compatible web browers.
- Doxy.me can be used on a mobile device (iPhone or ipad) by using Safari.
- Enter your clinician’s room name as follows:
- Allow your browser to use to your webcam and microphone. Go to settings to check this.
- ensure you are somewhere private and quiet with good lighting
- you must have good internet connection
- restart your device before the visit
- PLEASE use the “start test” button in the waiting room PRIOR to your consultation.
Please be reassured we will see you if you need to be seen face to face. Our aim is to avoid unnecessary contact between patients attending. Please follow the following procedure when attending:
- Only the patient being seen must attend
- Please ring once you arrive in the carpark and remain in the car park until notified to come in
Flu Vaccines and Childhood Immunisations and Routine Smears
Please note we do not have any flu vaccines at present. We will be contacting those eligible for funded vaccines as we get stock. We will be updating this page regularly so please don’t phone the practice rather check this website for the latest information.
These remain available only for those with the following conditions:
Children under 4 previously hospitalised with respiratory conditions, Autoimmune diseases, neuromuscular disease, kidneys disease, heart disease, immunocompromised, asthma, diabetes, cancer patients, pregnancy and those patients over 65 years.
To avoid well people having contact with unwell patients clinics will now be scheduled:
- Tuesday 9.30 am to 10.30 am AND 2 pm to 3 pm
- Thursday 9.30 am to 10.30 am
- Saturday 11 am to 1 pm
Childhood immunisations will be given as normal.
High risk smears will continue to be undertaken.
WELCOME TO NORTH AVON MEDICAL
Welcome to North Avon Medical. In choosing North Avon Medical Centre as your family practice you get the benefits of an experienced and committed team of health professionals. North Avon Medical Centre has three Doctors and three nurses. The practice cares for around 5000 patients covering a wide area in Christchurch. The practice operates as a team and has a strong commitment to providing high quality personal primary care. All general practitioner partners are vocationally trained in General Practice and Fellows of the Royal College of General Practice. Our experienced nurses provide a range of chronic disease management, smoking cessation assistance, health screening, weight management programmes and preventive healthcare.
At North Avon Medical we are commited to providing care when you need it. The practice operates to permit urgent consultations if these are required and has extended hours from 0830 to 1745 hrs Monday to Friday.
North Avon Medical Centre is a Pegasus practice and through this membership we provide a range of additional population health services. We have a close relationship with district nursing services and nursing specialist services. The practice has an onsite counsellor who works on a Thursday afternoon to provide free brief intervention counselling. The practice has a full range of testing and treatment equipment including an ECG, defibrillator, liquid nitrogen, minor surgical equipment, and has a specialist area of sleep testing.
We are now offering online appointment booking through ConnectMed – please click here
Please Note: Online appointment bookings are only for standard appointments. Please ph. 03 3896655 for extended appointments e.g. Travel, Removal of Lesion, Punch Biopsy, Mirena, Jadelle, IUCD, Immunisations and Nursing Services.
After Hours: When we’re closed, 24hr service is provided by the 24 Hours Surgery, 401 Madras St (entrance is on the left hand side just before Bealey Ave) phone 03 365 7777.
North Avon Medical Centre
28 North Avon Road
- Tel: 03 389 6655
Fax: 03 389 1175